Friday, September 26, 2008

Another nursing-related post

So finally, after just over a month of pumping, I attempted nursing again yesterday. Yes, it took me that long to heal - and it isn't actually even healed, just enough that I felt brave enough. Let me say that things sure change in a month. Nursing used to be very chill. The babies relax, hold hands, hang out there as long as I'll let them, and I get to sort of mentally check out for a while. Not so anymore. I was constantly busy and there wasn't a dull moment anymore! Now it's more like - Hey, look how close that other guy is! Bet I could poke his eyes out! What's that in his mouth? Think I could pull it out? Yep. Funny joke. Look at those hands moving all over. I'll challenge you to a thumb wrestle if I can ever control these things enough to get a grip on you. Whip of the head - is that The Office I hear? Where's the tv? Whip, whip, whip some more. What's going on over here? Over there? And then there's just milk getting everywhere because they keep making each other laugh. It's really pretty funny, but certainly not the calm moment it once was. Not that anyone cares, but I think I'm going to nurse them about 3 times a day now and give them bottles the rest of the time. Well, I'll work up to that again once I've tested the waters a little more.

I have gotten pretty creative with all the things I can do while pumping in the last month though. Let me just say a word here: if it's weird seeing your mom breastfeeding all day, it's even weirder watching her pump all the time. Poor Cash is probably scarred for life. In fact, I almost feel bad even putting this picture up as it will probably contribute to that fact:

But yes, that is exactly what I caught him doing in this picture - standing absentmindedly in front of the tv with a breastshield from my pump held to his chest. Not only that, but anything similar has taken on the same purpose to him. Like my poor hair diffuser. See the resemblance?


Unfortunately, so did Cash. Up went the shirt and on went the diffuser. Where was that manny I was asking for?

7 comments:

todd & nicole said...

I have to say that your blog is seriously one of my favorites to read. So much fun. I can't even imagine nursing twins. Fun times.

Todd and Eric went to high school together in Arizona. That is how we know the Riewerts. We don't know Teresa that well, but we went to their wedding and she seemed great. It's too bad that traveling isn't more affordable or that our friends all lived in the same city. It would make things so much easier. I guess good thing there is blogging!

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment! I can just imagine the difference a month makes. They are three smart boys and I love them. You too.

cyhunsaker

Coach said...

My daughter (Melanie Schaller) enjoys your blog. I axed her to send me the link. Funny....very funny.

Stefanie Miller said...

I often find Jane (just a little older than Cash) nursing her stuffed bunny, but I guess it doesn't seem as weird when she's a girl.

AnnaMarie said...

It's good to be a boy and know about those things.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cash! You have brought a smile to my face once again!!!
Love, Aunt Julie

AnnaMarie said...

This is hilarious. Poor boy.