I've been having a lot of if I had... moments lately.
* If I had a month to myself. This one has come about as I've been thinking about Ryan being by himself in Miami for the next month. Granted, I know he'll be working and studying like crazy. But I was thinking that hmm, if I had a month to myself I could sleep and sleep and sleep. And then I could wake up for a few hours and go to the gym so I would be back in shape by the end of my month. And then I'd go back to sleep. Maybe I'd spend a day at the dollar theater catching up on all the movies I was too tired to see.
* If I could go back to the college life for a few weeks. I would go to the grocery store and buy dumb stuff like I did back then - wheat thins and cottage cheese, graham crackers and frosting, and maybe some fruit and I would live off of that. I would be so excited that I only spent $30 every time I went to the grocery store. (I think this was in my mind because I saw some college girls buying stuff at the grocery store the other day and I almost had a slight pang of jealousy thinking, you have no idea how good you've got it.) I would revel in the fabulously selfish time I had. I would stay up late going to parties. I would waste time if I felt like it. I would stay up eating ice cream until the clock struck midnight before "Fast Sunday" started because I didn't really know any better (then come home famished when my 9am church was over and stuff my face silly). I would go to the gym when I felt like it, have a lame job where I got to use the computer and flirt with people, sleep when I felt like it, and be responsible for no one else! Aahhhh. All that dating drama that I thought was so encompassing then? Man, that was nothing.
* If I had an allowance. One time a while ago while Ryan and I were discussing finances and how it will be really weird to actually make money one day I asked if when we did make money, if I could have an allowance. My own little money just for me that I didn't have answer to anyone about or justify how I spent it. He said yes. He better live up to that promise because I've taken great satisfaction crafting my list of how my own little allowance would be spent. It includes some of the following:
- Massages. Weekly.
- Buying super stylish clothes that aren't on sale
- Laser hair removal
- Maybe some sessions with a personal trainer
- Someone to come clean the house while I sit and watch movies.
I'm sure there are many other things too that I can't remember right now. I will say that babysitters are not on this list. They will be on the necessary for survival list, right up there with food and shelter. Maybe I've mentioned this list before, but I'm still up for suggestions. I want to be good and ready when my allowance rolls around.