Friday, June 6, 2008

The great bromance

Bromance: Two dudes who really like to hang out together.


There are some great bromances out there.

Brad and George, for example:




Ben and Matt:


Lance and Matthew:
Tobey and Leonardo:




And then, there are these two:





Yup. Inseparable. Can I say this is the #1 reason I will miss Milwaukee? My son's first (and pretty much only) friend. Cash doesn't take to just anyone, as you've seen, but he gets really attached to a few. Namely Harrison, the next door neighbor.



It's the first time we've ever been in a house, a neighborhood, and ever had neighbors. Like 6 feet away. It's been everything neighbors should be. Borrow stuff, watch each other's kids, talk over the fences to each other, leave the monitor over there while running errands. I will miss it immensely. They, however, are probably hoping for less needy neighbors. :)



I really don't know how I'll tell Cash that there's no more Harrison. It nearly breaks my heart. He wakes up in the morning asking for Harrison! So here's to you boys.







































You guys can be our neighbors anytime.

6 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, that is really nice. I hope you find some awesome new friends in Miami. Good luck, and we'll miss you!

The Spendloves said...

Makes me wish we had good neighbors like that. Somehow we got stuck with some crazy ones with no kids even close to our boys' age. You got lucky!!

Melanie said...

That was the sweetest nicest thing I have ever seen. You will be missed terribly. It was nice to be needed. We did our best to convince you to stay but we knew that was asking too much. Thank you for all those wonderful video clips. Any chance I can put those on a DVD. It was so wonderful to see them laughing and playing. Great memories! I feel sorry for the next neighbors cause they dont stand a chance!
It would be wonderful to meet up again someday! Stay in touch!

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you have to leave such a good little friend. We went through the same thing with Katie when we moved to Utah and we'll be going through it again in another year when her friend moves. (I'm sure it will be very traumatic this time around!) I'm sure the right way to handle it will come to you! Best of luck with the move.

Anonymous said...

How happy I am that I got to meet Harrison and his mother. You have been very, very lucky to have such wonderful friends. It will be withdrawal for Cash, I am sure, and probably Harrison as well. What a dear child they each are.

xoxocyhunsaker

Jenilee said...

That is great! We totally understand the hard transition. Savannah misses her friends a lot. We are trying to tell her she will make new friends, but it just isn't the same yet.