Monday, August 6, 2012

Advice

Today in Sunday School the teacher asked about the lessons we'd learned and the best advice we'd ever gotten from our parents. Answers followed such as - always be 5 minutes early, do your best in everything.  Not wanting to sway from the direction the teacher was probably taking the lesson, I didn't answer but immediately my mind thought of a letter my mother had written to me in college:

"Always wear lipstick, even if you go jogging. You never know where you may meet your future husband."

So, having no daughters to pass that on to, I thought I'd share that little gem for those of you that do.  :)  Sound advice, people, sound advice. 

5 comments:

Our family said...

We had the same lesson. My husband said, "If you're going to argue, do it naked"

Geoff and Bets said...

awesome! my dad said ill agree to send you to byu for college only if you promise you will wear makeup and do your hair. ha only itme in my life i did either on a slightly regular basis :)

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome.

Lindsey said...

So funny, and I love "Our family"'s advice as well!

Corinne said...

ACK! That is awesome. Please tell your mother that I think she rocks :)