Friday, July 30, 2010

Hot weather entertainment

I mentioned that Cash loves YouTube. Who knew that there were hundreds of homemade videos of kids and their car collections?  (Well, I ddin't know - Cash found them all on his own.)  As much as they could spend their entire day in front of the computer watching these videos which drives me nuts, it is pretty cute to see all three huddled around the computer saying, "That one...that one...that one" as they list off all the cars they see that they want. So we made some of our own videos (which I'll spare you, besides the fact that our new camera takes videos in MP4 format which I can't upload to blogger...any suggestions? I guess I'll have to convert) and took a few pictures.


Of course it wasn't a flawless effort trying to get all three to coordinate on a task.


There's really not much going on here. Just blasted hot or raining so we spend more time inside now. Or in the pool. Actually during one of our last trips to the pool Ashton wasn't watching where he was going and ran into a pool chair and fell on his front teeth and knocked them a little further apart - now they're turning gray and will apparently stay in that unsightly state until they fall out in a few years. Lovely. I guess you can tell them apart better now if you figure out which one has gray teeth and a wider gap.

Here was our entertainment during the last tropical storm:





Uh, whatever works, I guess.

9 comments:

Jenilee said...

They have quite the car collection, how fun! I love the laundry saving technique of no clothes while painting!

Safire said...

My boys LOVED the car picture. If you ever figure out how to load the movie, we will be watching it. Several times. :)

And you are brave with paint! My kids get paint all over the house and that's just not cool.

Tyler Jorgenson said...

Your children seem to have a disdain for clothing.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful car collection - and all in one place! And great art project with fantastic results.

I love you all, Grammy.

Carrie Richins said...

Was it just me, or did they line up the cars according to color? Your boys are all SO cute!

Anonymous said...

So are you going to put your video on You Tube? If so let us know! :) Cars isn't an area we check frequently.

How's potty training coming along?

Was Ashton the one with the chipped tooth and now the dead tooth?

Great artists!

Julie

AnnaMarie said...

What a beautiful rainbow of cars. :) Good organizing! Love the last picture! I convert my MP4s using MPEG Streamclip. It's a pain, and I end up posting fewer videos from that camera to blogger.

Tania said...

Emily's cousin opened a door into her mouth when she was about the twins age. Her front teeth turned grey & they told me the same thing. Over about 6 months - a year they went back to perfect white and stayed that way until they fell out naturally when she was about 6. The dentist told me it's rare - so don't count on it, but at least there's hope.

Love the car collection!

camille said...

I just love that they are painting... completely naked :)