Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Get me out of here

I don't know what much there is to blog about when you haven't left the house for two weeks. The new fall tv lineup since I've pretty much watched everything? It's bad - even the babies just come hand me the remote now first thing in the morning. No one has had the energy to do anything else.

Or I could discuss the fact that I'm going NUTS. I am DYING to get out of this house, and so are my kids. Thank goodness I've never had to be on bed rest. I can feel my body wasting away. And quite possibly my brain too. Who knew that two weeks of laying on the couch wasn't really all it's cracked up to be? Especially not in this house where I've learned that the couch is by far the most dangerous place to be. Lying down on the couch is even worse as it is an apparent invitation to be jumped on, lunged at and body slammed. (You're pretty lucky when they just sit on you, as in this picture). In the past two weeks I've probably used an ice pack about 6 times on myself alone trying to prevent black eyes, avoid bruised foreheads, help what I honestly worried was a broken nose; I thought I may have either broken a rib or ruptured my spleen (ok, that was probably a little dramatic Ryan tells me), and my legs are covered in bruises. These kids are taking years off of my life, I'm sure of it.

I'm sure this is also no doubt compounded by the fact that they ain't no lightweights. At the doctors appointments last week we discovered the twins are now pretty much off the charts in the 100th percentile. Let's just point out that Cash, who is three, weighs 34 pounds. Ashton, who is 18 months is 33 pounds. And our "skinny" baby, Phoenix, is 31. Although at 31 pounds he was still 95th percentile. And they were over 35 inches which was also 100th percentile. They are GIGANTIC. Ryan and I always joke about how Cash got his body type and the twins got mine. Ha ha. (Except we aren't really joking - in case I need to remind you):













Anyway, as crummy as everyone has felt, at least Ashton can still cut a rug. Yes, his dance moves continue to improve. I think we have a previous video on here of Itsy Bitsy Spider dancing with some good shoulder rolling - here's his latest moves.

14 comments:

Jenilee said...

So is everyone finally on the mend? I sure hope so. I hope you get a chance to get out soon.

SuburbiaMom said...

Oh! I think you are on the mend when it hits rock bottom like this!! Hold on--the light will come!!!

Corinne said...

That video is AWESOME!! I want him to come do that dance at MY HOUSE!!!

Carrie Richins said...

That boy's got some great moves.

Keep getting better so you can come and play!!

Anonymous said...

So great to see everyone improving. Anyone who sits on that couch is in for a whopping sit-down or two! The jammies were darling and the dancing so great.

Miss you all!

xoxoGrammy

camille said...

WOW! Your babies are actually bigger/taller than my 3 year old. They could pummel my boys who are seriously 18 lbs. and MAYBE 16 lbs and almost ONE! They seriously won't grow.....what do you FEED those boys?

Melanie said...

Yeah 2 weeks on the couch is not that great when you have kids. They do use their parents as human obstacle courses. Good luck getting back up and out!

LuAnn said...

I want to know the story of behind that picture of Ryan. It looks like he is sitting in a high place trying to scare away some creature beneath with Elmo...at least that was what went through my mind. When did you thin out? I'm pretty sure it was by 7th grade...or even 6th? They are so cute!

Unknown said...

I'd love to hear the story behind that picture of Ryan as well. I just know that it has made me bust a gut both times I have seen it! I would love to know why Elmo was in it. Funny. Glad you guys are feeling better!!!

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, those boys ARE gigantic. :) Maybe you could put them in dance classes to thin them out. Or just keep feeding them and wait for football recruiters to come. They're so cute, and I love Ashton dancing!

Anonymous said...

Today I saw a woman in Costco with twin boy and girl in the cart, and a 3-year-old and a 4-year-old to boot. Guess things could be worse. Dumb me, I had to ask: "Are those twins?" I remember hearing that so often at Costco, when it seemed so obvious.
The oldest two were just 15 months apart.

xoxoGrammy

The Goldbergs said...

Jen, I'm soooo sorry about your bad luck...seriously does it ever end?!?!? I hope your family is feeling better at least and you can get out soon. We miss you at playgroup!! Please let me know if I can help you in any way!!

Anonymous said...

Just this morning I was thinking, WOW we were at Disneyworld with you guys 2 weeks ago today! CRAZY! I can't believe it's been two weeks already. Those 2 weeks have flown by for me. Guess they haven't really for you. I am so sorry!!!! You still had a good time though right? I feel so bad you all got sick!

Julie

Tania said...

Glad you all seem to be almost over it. Yeah - the twins are heavier than Jane too. Maybe all that dancing will burn off a few pounds :)