Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cruise


When it started raining FIVE minutes before we walked out the door to the cruise I must admit I was a bit bummed that the whole thing would be a wash out. It was raining and cold and windy when we took off, but then it got better. Saturday was quite windy and a little chilly, although mostly sunny, and Sunday was warm with a cool breeze. And when am I ever one to complain about being cool? Never. It was probably just perfect for me.






Waking up in the Bahamas.
















Atlantis really is impressive. Britney Spears was even staying in that middle section suite ($25,000 a night, 4 night minimum) while we were there.












































We somehow even ended up on the beach there even though you were supposed to pay to have beach access.
















Really cool aquariums.























































Towers with almost straight drop water slides inside (too cold for us to want to stay wet all day though so we didn't do it).

















The private island was nice, crystal clear waters, and of course I ended up a little crispy in places even though I thought I was under an umbrella.














Cruises are kind of funny things though I learned, since this was my first one. A little cheesy and all about getting you drunk so you'll spend lots of money on the boat. The cruise director was the kind that speaks in that television announcer voice who bobs his head with every phrase he says. The singers and dancers on the boat are obviously ones that can't make it elsewhere. But it actually makes it pretty entertaining, I must admit.

Most of all (next to being with the husband for our first childless trip since we've had kids) I just appreciated being able to sit down and eat a meal without standing up 15 times during dinner, and snarfing down my food inbetween feeding three other mouths. Funny the things you learn to appreciate, huh?






17 comments:

Sharon said...

HOly cow you lucky girl!! The weather was perfect for you..

Also just a side note you look absolutely beautiful in every one of those pictures!!

Welcome home, we missed you tonight. But we have a full year list of books I will be emailing them soon!

Jess said...

I'm soooo jealous. It looks like you both had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Looks so nice. I want a vacation alone with my husband. LUCKY!

Safire said...

Looks like a ton of fun! Soooo jealous that you got to eat a meal without snarfing or hopping up and down for things. It's my dream to be able to do that again.

Jenilee said...

I long for the day we get a childless vacation. Looks like you had a great time. What a beautiful place.

Aimee said...

Jen,

It looks like you had a great time! I'm so glad you took the chance to get away. I've never been on a cruise, but I look forward to going someday! I'm sure it was much needed, and it was DEFINITELY much deserved!!

I hope your little guys are feeling better.

Unknown said...

You are so lucky to get a little getaway like that. I think it has been 4 years since we have done something like that. Oh well, we have plenty more years together to do fun things!! Glad you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I am so glad you guys went!!! AHHH, the cruise brings back so many fun memories! So, so fun for you guys! Mom and Shauna are awesome!!!! How did the kids act when you got home? A little clingy?

Julie

Gavin and Shawna said...

Oh Jen!What a great idea for you two!!You both look extremely happy and relieved. Its amazing how much you re-discover when you get the chance to focus on the main unit that began all the craziness! Glad you had fun!!

Shannon said...

I am so happy you were able to do that. Your Mom is wonderful!

SteveC7630 said...

Wow, beautiful pictures. I'm glad you got to have a break from the kids.

The Spendloves said...

Don't you love the animals made out of towels? I thought they were pretty funny when we went on a cruise.

Glad to hear it worked out good. You definitely deserved a vacation. I'm jealous!

Lofgrens said...

How fun and AMAZINGLY beautiful!! So glad you guys got a break by yourselves. We keep saying we are going to go on a vacation soon - we'll see.Most of our "vacation" money ends up being used to visit family - which we love and I'm not complaining about. It's not the same as a vacation with just the two of us though. SOOOOOO glad you got to go!

Anne Marie said...

That looks amazing. So glad you got some time traveling, just the two of you.

Winnie said...

You guys are so lucky. Where are your boys? Wished we could be there with you and with no kids.

Melanie said...

So glad you made it to the cruise! Im sure it was just what you two needed!

Ty and Trista Swartzlander said...

That looked like an amazing trip. I am so happy that you guys had an awesome time. Kids are great but being kidless for a couple nights is super cool! :)