Monday, May 5, 2008

Even worse than expected

Yesterday was the first time Ryan was on overnight call at the hospital and I was all by myself. As the title implies, yes, it was even far worse than I expected. It was also the first time we were going to take all the kids to church - and I was by myself. Plus I knew that some kids at playgroup that week had been exposed to rotavirus so I decided to just keep Cash with me (since I'm a paranoid germ freak). Yeah, my Sunday school class got a video. (Oh, and in my neglect Cash managed to find a yellow crayon and draw all over three purple upholstered chairs.)

Around 6pm Ryan made a surprise stop home for a few minutes. I cried when I saw him I was so happy.

I cried again later that night (I mean morning) when I was getting out of bed for the 17th time and I realized I had only slept from 12am-3am.

I really hope the next call is better. Too bad it's every 4 days for the whole month.



In other news, Ashton is now 11lbs and Phoenix is 10lbs 8oz. And Cash has Fifth's disease. So much for my germ paranoia.

Oh, and yes, I did take the baby pictures.

6 comments:

Spar-Mar Girl said...

That bites!!! That's definitely the worst part of nursery though-hands down!

We'll keep thinking lots of sleepy thoughts for you-hopefully the boys will start being nicer to you soon!!!!

Mumsy said...

I was going to ask you about those pictures! Great job! Maybe when you aren't busy you could start a side business. ha!

Sorry. I don't know what else to say. Last night I was saying something to Fred about how I cried when I found out I was pregnant with Fritz and Lilly wasn't even sleeping through the night yet. Now I want to cry because neither one of my kids sleeps through the night on a consistent basis and I know what's coming in a few months!

I can't imagine doing it with twins. You are my hero!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, if Cash has Fifth disease, you are lucky that he could care less about the babies. He won't get near them willingly, I found out. Good weight on the baby darlings. Cousin Dawson had such a great case of Fifth disease the dermatologist at Primary Children's asked if she could take a photo for her records. The only good thing about his call is that you now have three days to recover until you have to do it again.
Much love, and wish I was there,
Grandma Carolyn

Krista said...

Wish I was there to lend a hand. I am thinking of you!

Unknown said...

Sorry Jen. Just like everyone else-I wish I was there to help you as well. Hope things get a little easier. Things always tend to be a bit more difficult when you mix in kids. It's a good thing they come out so cute.

Great job on the pictures! They are beautiful!

Shannon said...

I too wish I could help you.